Monday, January 23, 2012

Here are some pretty baby things I just finished.......

Smocked bubble 

Smocked day gown

 Crocheted baby hats



Now for a little DIY action.....

I made these picture tiles as some of my Christmas presents for family. They turned out really cute! Very easy to make. You can do it too! Here's what you need: 

Tiles from Home Depot/Lowes
Scrapbook paper from Michaels
Cute picture
Mod podge
Picture stands

To put it together just cut the scrapbook paper and picture to the size you want it. Spread mod podge all over the tile and stick the paper on. Then stick the picture on top of that. Spread the glue all over the top and sides. I spread mine pretty thick....you don't want any cracks to show. Let it dry until you can see the picture clearly. Spread on another coat. Let it dry and....wahlah!! Cute little present for someone special. :)

WT and I made a headboard!! I think the hardest part was driving around to all the different stores to collect our supplies. Once we started putting it together it was easy peasy. Definitely a 2 person job though. I'm still waiting on my nailhead trim kit to do the nailheads around the headboard. I found this kit so I don't have to hammer them in individually....I've heard that's a pain!


I think it turned out great!! There are tons of tutorials out there if you just google "diy headboard." We used this one: http://runninglawyer.blogspot.com/2011/08/diy-upholstered-headboard.html



1 comment:

  1. You have been busy but that all looks awesome! Love the headboard!

    ReplyDelete