Saturday, January 28, 2012

This has been a busy week of sewing! Eleanor has her big 3rd birthday party coming up next weekend and I got it in my head that for the party favors I wanted to make each child a superhero cape. (thanks pinterest!!) My mom found some great blue spandex material in her attic stash and by using another cape that E already had for the pattern, some online alphabet templates and lots of felt.....I ended up with 15 of these! I mean what 3 year old doesn't like to fly around wearing a superhero cape?!

Each one has a letter on the back for the first letter of the child's name. (ugh...I hope I remembered everyone) Hopefully since the kids are taking these home E won't notice that I didn't make her one....I'm thinking she'll be too distracted by her birthday presents.



A headboard update! In my last post I talked about how WT and I made our own headboard. We finally got the nailhead trim kit in the mail and I hammered these bad boys on today. It was seriously so easy. They're all connected so it stays nice and straight and you just hammer in every 5th tack. Much better than hammering in 500 of these little nails!! I've heard that's a booger. The kit is definitely worth $20. I mean this looks just like the pottery barn/west elm headboards minus the $1000 price tag if I do say so myself.

Here's a belated photo of WT's Christmas present. Scrub caps! (Pattern here) I made him 3 of these in different fabrics. Two hints he's been giving me for the past 4 years are ...."everyone" at the hospital has their own scrub caps and nobody uses the disposable ones and that the nurses make fun of him for his wrinkly scrubs "so and so's wife irons her husband's scrubs." Sorry bud...you may always have wrinkly scrubs but at least you have awesome head wear!! :)
"I need an EKG and an ABG with continuous pulse ox stat!!"

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! The headboard looks awesome. Your nail heads look better than that other girls because they all seem to be the same color. Are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I noticed that on hers too and that would bug me so thats why i got this color. There is a really slight color difference but its not noticeable unless you really look. Not as obvi as hers for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marlee, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete